Local Prostate Cancer Support Groups
You are not alone in your journey with prostate cancer and we are not alone in our efforts to help!
In addition to PCS Oakville/Mississauga, men in our area are fortunate to have several other active local groups. You will be made very welcome regardless of where you are from or which meeting you choose to attend. There is no fee or commitment necessary. Attend once or become a regular. Here are their meeting days and contact information.
- PCS Brampton – 2nd Tuesday each month, 7pm – by Zoom for the time being. Contact email@example.com.
- PCS Burlington/Hamilton – Last Tuesday of every month at 7 pm – virtual meetings during the Covid-19 shutdown. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- PCS Toronto – this Toronto-based group has great quarterly “Awareness Nights” as well as regular twice-monthly Peer Support meetings.
- PCSG Waterloo-Wellington – 4th Tuesday each month at 7 pm. Meetings being held by Zoom videoconference until further notice. Contact the group at email@example.com for further information.
- PCS Toronto – Warriors Group (for Advanced Prostate Cancer)
A sub-group for men and women dealing with advanced prostate cancer. Here is an opportunity for men and their partners to meet and learn from knowledgeable fellow survivors. If you feel this may be applicable to you, you will be welcomed at any of their meetings.
There are 17 active Prostate Cancer Support Groups across Ontario. You can find their details and contact information below.
Prostate Cancer Support Canada
A new Canada-wide network of Support Groups has been formed in 2021 with administrative support from the Prostate Cancer Foundation of B.C. Approximately 60 groups from B.C. to the Atlantic Provinces are now part of PCSC. Thanks to this initiative, all Support Groups (and individuals like you) have on-line access to:
- If I Were Tom – an interactive website to support you in your prostate cancer journey
- An online Video Resource Library
- A free Reef Knot Kit full of resources to aid you in your prostate cancer journey
- Motivation to Exercise Butts in Motion
- Monthly Newsletters
- NEW National support groups for Advanced Prostate Cancer and Active Surveillance
- Partners in Prostate – a monthly ‘partners-only’ meeting for the partners of those with prostate cancer
- A National Calendar of Group Meetings including nationwide online support group meetings and special presentations
- A Directory of all Support Groups in Ontario and across Canada